Sunday, February 8, 2015

Blog Post 4

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAYQjB0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inc.com%2Flou-adler%2F8-steps-to-interview-anyone-for-any-job.html&ei=EHLVVJqQFIKXgwSJ_YKAAw&bvm=bv.85464276,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNH6CF8wBHNL6U7uiNa2DCKyXu2oGw&ust=1423360864857268
    When I was younger, I was always afraid of asking questions in class because of the fear of being wrong. As I have started my path of being a teacher, I have learned how important questions really are. EDM 310 has really brought me out of my shell when it comes to being curious and asking questions when I do not know the answer. Questions have been the leading force in my success in almost all of my classes.
     In the article Asking Questions to Improve Learning, the author talks a lot on the ways a teacher can be effective when asking questions. It is important to never lead a student to the answer. A teacher should want the student to think for themselves and formulate an answer. When asking the question, do not overwhelm students with numerous questions at once or difficult, unclear statements. As a teacher, you are responsible for deciding what the goal for the questions being asked are and should decide that ahead of time, and if the students do not understand what you are asking, then your goal cannot be reached. An instructor role is among the most important in directed students to the right answers.
     Questions are one of the most important ways to learn, in my opinion. Asking questions allows for an expansion of knowledge in the simplest and easiest way. Without questions we would not be challenged to think for ourselves and test our own abilities. No question is a dumb question and all are important.

2 comments:

  1. Payton, I thought that you did a great job on this week's post. I agree when you say a teacher should not lead a student directly to the answer, that their question should help their students formulate their own answer. I would suggest giving your readers information about what types of question can help the teacher avoid leading question so they know exactly where to start. Overall a great post, I thought!

    ReplyDelete