Sunday, April 5, 2015

Post #11

Teacher Quote


Learning is Messy
Brian Cosby used project based learning in his classroom with some students being second language students. Through technology, he captured the attention of students with science. I found that extremely interesting because science can truly be a tough subject to keep students attention with. His "High Hopes" projects inspires me with his new and inivative ways of teaching, especially with second language learners. I want to be able to make a difference, just like Mr. Cosby.
Blended Learning Cycle
An A&P teacher, Paul Anderson, helps create a nifty way for students to remember what they have learned with helpful acronyms. As I watched this video, I realized how teachers are not just teachers, but rather creators. It is amazing to me how creative one must be in order to successfully teach a lesson, including one that has a few students who are struggling to understand the material. This video also inspired me to push myself in order to think of creative ways to help my future students learn.

5 comments:

  1. Great post Payton,

    Both of these videos were very insightful and I thought that you organized their main idea very well. I agree with you that teachers are creators, and not just teachers. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that teachers need to be creative. Both Mr. Andersen and Mr. Crosby are great examples of creative teachers who are able to actively engage their students in learning. I also hope to one day have creative teaching strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, teachers are so much more than the title of teacher. To be effective, they must be creative and willing to engage students in creative ways that really make the student think.

    ReplyDelete


  4. Hello Payton!

    My name is Shelby Jemison. I loved the picture that you added to this post it is very cute and so very true. It is so great that you feel that you want to make a difference that is what I believe makes a wonderful teacher. I think that every teacher should strive to make a difference each and every day. I know that I strive for that. I enjoyed reading over your blog post. I think maybe that you could have written a little bit more with all of the available resources but I think that you did a great job!

    Thank You
    Shelby Jemison

    ReplyDelete