Sunday, March 29, 2015

Blog Post #10


YouTube Logo

     In Little Kids.....Big Potential, so many cool ideas were used for technology in the classroom. Kathy Cassidy does not just bring your everyday technological resources in. I was actually quite surprised to learn she uses things such as Nintendo DS. As a future teacher I would have never thought to bring something that, in my opinion, would be a distraction to a young child into my classroom to benefit their learning. She does a great job showing us how thinking outside of the box can get outstanding results for students of all age ranges.
     In the three videos involving an interview between Dr. Strange and Ms. Cassidy (Interview Part 1Part 2, & Part 3), I learned a lot. To put it simply, technology does not have to be complex. It can be easy and it can be beneficial, even in the simplest form such as Youtube or the blogs like we write every week. By using the technology we are already familiar with and applying it to our lessons and work in the classroom, we are already advancing our students. I took this from the interviews, it does not have to be a challenge to involve technology in the classroom. I look forward to having my own classroom and being able to apply my skills into my lessons.

2 comments:

  1. I also thought it was unique how Mrs. Cassidy mentioned using technology such as Nintendo DS in her classroom. Like you, I also wouldn't have thought about using this because I, too, would see it more as a distraction. It is amazing what we can bring into the classroom and use to benefit our student's learning. I also look forward to having my own classroom and being able to incorporate technology.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete