Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Blog Post 7


"I am still learning" -Michelangelo

     In today's classroom, it is so very evident how important technology is and how quickly it is becoming a daily teaching tool. With the rapid growth, I have realized how necessary it is, as an upcoming teacher, to be well-rounded in that area of teaching. It has been proven that students respond better when technology is present and seem to retain information more when they have a hands-on form of learning. I know as a future teacher I could be more knowledgeable of technology, which is why I feel this class is so important for me. Another weakness of mine would be my organization. Lets face it, I am SO unorganized and it could pose a problem when I am trying to plan something out or find an important paper. A strength of mine is patience and energy. I love being around children and can always keep a smile on my face so naturally when I am around a child. This is so important because children respond so much better to a smile than a frown.

     We All Become Learners points out a very true, but not always obvious, fact: we are constantly learning ourselves, even as teachers. Each person brings to the table something they can teach each other. By teaching each other we can in turn teach students and help them to grow. Using IMovie and Alabama Virtual Library With Kindergarten discusses how introducing such technology to students is actually beneficial and successful to the younger children. Some of these students are doing exactly what we have done in my college course here at the University of South Alabama. I am beyond impressed! I feel challenged to do the same with the younger students I will teach in the future.

     Technology is such a vital aspect of teaching in this century. The videos I watch inspire me to include technology heavily in my classroom and to challenge my students, young or old, to use their technology in daily activities. There are so many ways to learn, and with the right guidance my students can be extremely successful in it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree I think that technology is completely necessary if we are going to be teachers in today's society. Students need that same connection they get with technology outside the classroom to be incorporated inside the classroom and it is our job to make sure that connection is made. Great post!

    ReplyDelete